COMTEST is offering the highly accurate Fluke 572-2 high temperature, infrared thermometer for extreme heat conditions over long distances.
According to the company, the thermometer measures between -30°C to 900°C with ±1% accuracy. Measurements from further away are accurate with a 60:1 distance-to-spot ratio with dual laser sighting for fast, accurate targeting. It displays current temperature plus MAX, MIN, DIF, and AVG temperature with adjustable emissivity and predefined emissivity tables.
The unit features a multiple language (user select) interface and is compatible with standard K-type mini-connector thermocouple probe (KTC) and is shipped with a USB 2.0 computer interface cable, FlukeView Forms Documenting Software and the standard Fluke two-year warranty.
Typical applications include:
- Manufacturing: repair and maintenance of motors, pumps with data logging;
- Electrical HVAC installation: repair and maintenance of panels, fuses, circuit breakers, compressors, ducts, and remote access vents;
- Power utility: measurement of nodes between power transmission and distribution;
- Metals: maintenance and quality control where there is monitoring of temperature during the process; and,
- Petrochemicals: maintenance of the exterior of the kiln (temperature), monitoring the surface temperature of the reformer tubes.