INSECO, an agro-processing and industrial biology company in Cape Town is investing in sustainable food protein and has designed waste management systems to convert landfill-destined waste streams into nutritious, cost effective and sustainable insect protein for the animal feed markets.
Now, Circular Economy Accelerator (CEA) Boost, a project of business growth specialists Fetola, wants to encourage similarly innovative business models with targeted support and resources to boost their growth and profitability.
CEA Boost is looking for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) active in the circular economy, environmental sustainability, recycling, waste reduction and related sectors.
There are 50 places available for this intensive six-month initiative and the opportunity is open to all businesses who meet the following criteria:
- Alumni of a Fetola or other recognised business development programme
- Active in the green or circular economy sectors
- Potential to scale
- Preference given to female-led, rural and peri-urban businesses (50% target)
- Preference given to Black-owned businesses, but all welcome to apply
The programme offers highly focused, practical support through a range of targeted interventions, including:
- Investment Readiness to strengthen investment case and access to finance
- Market Access to open new markets & make introductions to prospective clients
- Supply Chain readiness to strengthen skills and unlock new growth opportunities
- Process Engineering to improve efficiencies, minimise wastage and increase margins
Applications are now open and close on 30 July 2021. To apply for the CEA Boost programme or for more information, email Lou-Anne Marshall, at firstname.lastname@example.org.